Friday, March 1, 2013

Game 1: post-game report

The Wahoos played well in their first game, especially for a group that has never played together before, with a coach using a new system that most of them never tried before. The team held very good opponents to only two goals, with solid defense, including contributions from everyone on the field.

I'll try to give the kids some pointers on goal kicks and throw-ins. These are two of the most important parts of the game at this age, but we didn't get that last practice, where I was planning to show the team exactly how to handle those situations.

Before yesterday's game, I briefly explained what I want them to do on goal kicks, and it seemed to help -- when they stuck with the plan.  So, right before Saturday's game, I'll go over that again, and will explain a little about throw-ins.

Most of the players seemed to have fun out there, especially our two players who are new to organized soccer. They all contributed and kept playing hard right through the final minute. I'm looking forward to another good, fun game Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment